CASAC: Communications and Advocacy Officer
Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC): Communications and Advocacy Officer opportunity has become available in Western Cape for unemployed graduates in possession of the below qualifications. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
The Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution invites unemployed graduates to apply for Graduate Job Opportunity.
Company: Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC)
Job Type: Graduate Internship
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Closing Date: 07 July 2023
CASAC is looking for a dynamic Communications and Advocacy Officer to join its small but hard-working team to strengthen CASAC’s work and output in our key focus areas. The successful candidate will have a sound communications and advocacy track record and a passion for human rights and social justice.
- To plan, develop and implement a communications strategy for CASAC.
- Plan, design and execute advocacy campaigns based on CASAC’s research output and strategic priorities.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and other campaign events on behalf of CASAC.
- Collate information and report on broader civil society advocacy campaigns in which CASAC is involved.
- Act as CASAC’s direct liaison with the media, including managing all press and broadcast engagements.
- Facilitate CASAC’s communications with civil society, Parliament, government, and other third parties.
- Manage CASAC’s social media and maintain sustained presence across multiple platforms.
- Contribute to the development of media-facing content such as opinion pieces, media briefs, speaking notes, or any other resources in support of CASAC’s advocacy campaigns.
- Prepare briefing notes for the executive committee and the advisory council on CASA’s advocacy activities.
- Provide communications and advocacy support to the Senior Researcher and the Executive Secretary in carrying out their respective roles.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in;-
- Social Science
- Or related field.
- A commitment to CASAC’s stated mission of advancing the Constitution as the platform for democratic politics and the transformation of society.
- Broad knowledge of and interest in CASAC’s advocacy activities.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills for networking purposes.
- Knowledge of media, social media and digital campaigning.
- Willingness to travel for CASAC advocacy activities.
How to Apply for CASAC: Communications and Advocacy Officer
ARE YOU A RECENT GRADUATE WHO DID WELL ACADEMICALLY AND WANNA BE AWARDED FOR YOUR GREAT WORK? GradStar, part of Rising Star Awards, is looking for you. To enter, simply download GradStar App and on the Ambassador Code section enter STUFNews and enter the awards, deadline is 30 June 2023. Hurry!
Students are more welcome to hop in as well!
Go to App Store (iOS device) or Play Store (Android device) to download the App and/or CLICK HERE. Please do not forget putting ‘STUFNews‘ as your Ambassador’s Code 👏🏻
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership / traineeship / in-service training / bursary opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.
If your document size is more than 5MB, visit one of the sites listed below to upload and shrink your documents;