Home » News » Internships »
WSP Group Africa: Tailings Engineer Graduate Internships 2023 / 2024
WSP Group Africa: Tailings Engineer Graduate Internships 2023 / 2024 has become available in Gauteng for unemployed graduates in possession of the below qualifications. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
WSP Group Africa invites unemployed graduates to apply for Graduate Job Opportunity / Internship Programme 2023 / 2024.
Company: WSP Group Africa
Job Type: Graduate Internship / Job
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Closing Date: Not Specified
WSP has a new opportunity for a Graduate Tailings Engineer to join our Mine Waste team on an internship basis in Midrand. This is an entry level position in the consulting team and is regarded as a professional person in the delivery of tailings and geotechnical services, in line with the WSP suite of engineering products.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- This is the entry level in the consulting stream.
- The employee has basic skills in core technical areas.
- Works with specific and regular direction from intermediate and senior staff.
- Makes decisions only in limited situations with direction from intermediate and senior staff.
- Contributes to projects with a major focus on data collection and processing.
- Work is reviewed by direct supervisor or project manager.
- Providing tailings services and technical advice on moderate complex tailings issues to clients (internal) on projects within the mining industry.
- Using advanced techniques, modifications and extension of theories, practices to synthesise and analyse data for decision making / recommendations.
- Analysing tailings and geotechnical reporting for projects which may include the design and inspection of mine waste storage facilities, the construction of tailings deposits, the operation and management of deposits, properties and behaviour of tailings, closure and deposits stability and seeping analysis and water storage dams and earthworks.
- Understands and follows company health & safety policy and procedures.
- Participating in training activities.
- Ownership attitude: cares, takes pride in their work, takes ownership of assigned tasks and role.
- Shows initiative: proactively does more than expected, looks beyond assigned tasks.
- Enthusiastic: positive, eager, wants to get involved.
- Learning and growth: desire for continuous improvement and contribution, takes feedback well, wants to learn and improve.
- Willing to ask questions: wants to understand our business.
- Versatile / flexible: willing to try different things.
- Good communication: strong written and verbal communication, clearly expresses their ideas.
- Detail and quality focus: has a high standard of care in all they do, takes pride in their work, pays attention to detail.
- Good judgement: confidence to ask questions, knows when to and is willing to ask for help, knows their limits.
- Organisation: ability to prioritise time and demands, juggle multiple tasks.
- Work ethic: diligent and hardworking, prefers challenging environment.
- Relevant degree (BEng or BSc) in Civil Engineering with 0 to 2 years working experience.
- Honors degree (BEng or BSc) in the Geotechnical field preferred.
- Candidate registration at ECSA preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel (Advanced), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Projects
- Additional software skills which is preferred include slope stability analysis, seepage analysis and modelling software. Proficiency in other engineering related software will be considered beneficial.
Your benefits at WSP will include:
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic and globally connected work environment.
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
- Competitive benefits and remuneration package.
How to Apply for WSP Group Africa: Tailings Engineer Graduate Internships 2023 / 2024
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership / traineeship / in-service training / bursary opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.
If your document size is more than 5MB, visit one of the sites listed below to upload and shrink your documents;