Publicis Groupe Africa: PR Intern & Account Assistant
Publicis Groupe Africa: PR Intern & Account Assistant opportunity has become available in Gauteng for unemployed graduates in possession of the below qualifications. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Publicis Groupe Africa invites unemployed graduates to apply for Graduate Job / Internship Programme 2023 / 2024.
Company: Publicis Groupe Africa (PGA)
Job Type: Graduate Internship / Job
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Closing Date: Not Specified
Every year we as Publicis Groupe Africa opens our applications to newly graduate students to apply to be part of their internship program, Le Cubs. During the 12 month internship program, interns will be coached, receive on the job training, complete a formal qualification recognised by SETA and work with real clients. Our aim is not to complete the program, but to do so successfully, support interns with their career growth and work on job readiness.
As an Intern/Account Assistant at MSL, your goal is to learn and become an expert on all PR processes and administration tasks for the smooth running of the account portfolio. Key focus areas are effective time keeping (via Chase), assistance with general team administration (e.g. meeting notes), coverage tracking and reporting.
- Media lists: Keep media lists updated, inform agency colleagues of media moves/changes, and compile tailored media lists per client content piece, while maintaining an updated master media list for each client in your team.
- Media relations: Build a solid knowledge of the South African media landscape, and start making and keeping media contacts.
- Pitching skills: Grow in ability and confidence to pitch stories and find creative angles that resonate with journalists.
- Writing: Develop basic writing skills, especially (but not limited to) email communication and media pitches.
- Research: Demonstrate basic research skills, and assimilation and presentation of information.
- MSL Newsdesk: Participate in daily newsdesk/media meetings, taking notes when asked.
- Computer skills: Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (or other company-preferred applications), taking Marcel Classes to become an advanced user of these programmes.
- Taking initiative: Demonstrate consistent, proactive, positive contribution at all times, as well as a self-starter approach to your work.
- Proactive upskilling: Demonstrate efforts to understand content for all clients (even beyond your portfolio), your client’s industry, staying abreast of the broader news environment, and spotting opportunities for media conversation building.
- Communication skills: Develop and continuously improve face-to-face, telephonic and email etiquette (internally and externally).
- Time management: Effectively use and manage your own time to meet deadlines, always informing your team if you are falling behind on a task before it is due.
- Prioritisation: Start to build an ability to prioritise tasks.
- Detail-orientated: Work to become a stickler for unwavering attention to detail in all aspects, including documents, presentations, emails and all other communiques.
- Quality: Consistently strive to deliver quality work to professional, MSL standards.
- Proactive learning: Demonstrate use of the Marcel Classes portal and other internal training sessions to upskill yourself, taking initiative and responsibility for your learning journey.
- Respect: Acknowledge and respond to instructions from senior staff as soon as possible (email, instant message or spoken).
- Understanding: Demonstrate a keenness to learn and grow your understanding of the agency’s clients’ businesses and knowledge of competitors.
- Client knowledge: Develop confidence to contribute own ideas to planning and brainstorm meetings.
- Client relations: Start to develop personalised, friendly rapport with clients.
- Coverage: Take ownership of daily coverage tracking for reports and timeous client coverage updates.
- Reporting: Work with AE/AM to ensure quality, timeous monthly reports are delivered to clients.
- Timesheets: Demonstrate effective time recording (daily, accurate data logged on Chase, as per Groupe deadlines).
- Client birthdays: Keep an updated record of all relevant client birthdays for your team, and liaise with the operations team weekly to plan for client birthdays in the week ahead. Take responsibility for informing your team and ensuring actions are taken to acknowledge clients’ birthdays.
- The MSL Way: Work to learn and live MSL’s company values in all professional interactions and work.
- Know the agency and the Publicis Africa Groupe (PGA): Demonstrate an interest in becoming familiar with both MSL and PGA’s organisational structures and offerings.
L&D Criteria for graduates
- Are recent graduate, having a degree or diploma
- Not older than 35
- Less than 2 years work experience in the relevant field
- Preference will be given to EE candidates
- South African citizens only
How to Apply for Publicis Groupe Africa: PR Intern & Account Assistant
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership / traineeship / in-service training / bursary opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.