Home » News » Internships »
Independent Alternatives: Quantitative Analyst Graduate Programme 2023-2026
Independent Alternatives Hedge Fund Academy: Quantitative Analyst Graduate Programme 2023-2026 has become available in Gauteng for unemployed graduates in possession of the below qualifications. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Independent Alternatives Hedge Fund Academy invites unemployed graduates to apply for a 36-month Graduate Traineeship / Internship Programme 2023-2026.
Company: Independent Alternatives Hedge Fund Academy
Job Type: Graduate Traineeship / Internship
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Closing Date: Not Specified
The Independent Alternatives Hedge Fund Academy seeks to train university graduates in the field of hedge funds. The program is aimed at graduates. However, due to the lack of transformation and how difficult it is for black candidates to make it into the South African hedge fund space, we will focus on previously disadvantaged candidates. The candidates will undergo a 3-year program of learning where they will enrol for either a Master in Financial Engineering Degree or a CFA/CAIA qualification. In addition, they will understudy the portfolio managers over the period. We expect them to be fully-fledged investment professionals after 3 years, who will contribute to the investment idea generation across the mandates the business manages.
Duties and Roles:
As part of the program and job responsibilities, the candidate will;-
- Undertake Quantitative Investment Research and Quantitative Portfolio Optimisations.
- Maintain and update Quantitative Research Models and Databases.
- Automate Research Processes and improve efficiencies.
- Develop Portfolio Risk Monitoring and Risk Management systems.
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, and technical EE candidate with a Degree/Diploma in the following disciplines with extensive programming knowledge to join the Hedge Fund Academy;-
- Mathematical Finance
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Or a STEM degree
- No prior work experience is required.
- Only candidates with a Quantitative/Mathematical Finance, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or a STEM degree with extensive programming knowledge and ability will be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete tasks demonstrating programming knowledge and ability.
- Knowledge of R and/or Python.
- Microsoft Office knowledge. Excel VBA knowledge.
- Passionate about the investments industry. Knowledge of investments is a bonus.
- Can work in teams.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply for Independent Alternatives: Quantitative Analyst Graduate Programme 2023-2026
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership / traineeship / in-service training / bursary opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.
If your document size is more than 5MB, visit one of the sites listed below to upload and shrink your documents;