AVI Limited: Mechanical Engineering Graduate Internship 2021 opportunity has become available in Gauteng for unemployment graduates in possession of the below qualifications. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Company: AVI Limited
Division: AVI Graduate Programme
Date Listed: 02 July 2021
Job Title: Graduate Mechanical Engineer – Durban
Contract Term: 24 months
Minimum Experience: Entry Level
Company Primary Industry: Consumer Goods
Job Functional Area: Engineering
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
AVI LIMITED is known for its leading household brands across many categories including hot beverages, sweet, and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world-class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead, and Durban (KZN). It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee, and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury, and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
We are looking for, you, a MECHANICAL ENGINEER GRADUATE who would like to join a company that employs real people to do exceptional things. Are you ready?
Why our Graduates choose AVI
- Real exposure and practical learning in actual working environments
- Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to genuine business issues
- Constant mentorship, guidance, and support
- Offered meaningful work and opportunities to contribute
- Held accountable for quality and delivery
What you will be doing:
- Analysis of breakdowns, with recommendations to reduce downtime
- Review of Computerised Maintenance Management System, ensuring reliability and integrity of information captured on the asset care system.
- Manage workshop and related activities to ensure adherence to relevant standards
- Assist with developing and maintaining a problem-solving culture within the department through facilitating and sustaining root cause analysis practices
- Compile reports – KPI’s, asset care schedule compliance, artisan utilisation, employee management control, financial forecast
- Provide advice and problem-solving techniques
- Assist with ensuring compliance with the OHS Act
- Implement aspects of Manufacturing Capability such as 5S and fundamental Reliability Centred Maintenance
- Manage select aspects of Engineering spares
- Develop and implement lubrication management strategies
What you will need to be considered:
- A BSc / B.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum average of 60% in the final year of studies
- Any vacation experience or part-time work would be beneficial
What makes you exceptional
- Being focused on finding solutions to problems
- Finding facts and applying logic
- Adopting a conceptual approach when developing new ideas
- Being reliable and completing work within agreed timelines
- Producing high-quality work, being meticulous, and checking the details
- Building and strengthening relationships with others
- Coping well with pressure and remaining calm and composed
- Being confident and articulate when communicating
How to Apply
CLICK HERE for more opportunities brought forth you by STUF News
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.