AVI Limited: Industrial Engineering Graduate Internship 2021 opportunity has become available in Western Cape for unemployment graduates in possession of the below qualifications. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Company: AVI Limited
Division: AVI Graduate Programme
Date Listed: 02 July 2021
Job Title: Graduate Industrial Engineer
Contract Term: 24 months
Minimum Experience: Entry Level
Company Primary Industry: Consumer Goods
Job Functional Area: Engineering
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
AVI LIMITED is known for its leading household brands across many categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits, and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
A love for the sea and passion for fishing are the driving forces behind I&J, a leading fishing company, and manufacturer of high-quality chilled and frozen foods. Almost 110 years old, I&J is the trusted name in seafood, operating a modern and efficient trawler fleet, and continually investing in the training and development of experienced fishing crews, committed to fishing responsibly, with a long-term vision. I&J has achieved and maintained accreditation from the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) since 2004.
I&J is a globally respected supplier of high-quality, chilled, and frozen Cape Hake and a leading producer of farmed Cape Abalone. It is also one of AVI’s great South African brands. I&J is proudly South African and invests in, and empowers, the communities in which it operates.
We are looking for, you, an INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING GRADUATE who would like to join a company that employs real people to do exceptional things. Are you ready?
Why our Graduates choose I&J
- Real exposure and practical learning in actual working environments
- Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to genuine business issues
- Constant mentorship, guidance, and support
- Offered meaningful work and opportunities to contribute
- Held accountable for quality and delivery
What you will be doing:
- Improve process and procedures across the entire Processing Department – process mapping and analysis
- Recommends cost-effective and efficient solutions and strategies for movement of product across the network- process improvement initiatives
- Identify, quantify opportunities & issues through analysis of the business environment
- Perform complex tasks & apply relevant methodologies independently to ensure value add
- Provide sound solutions through effective problem solving and analysis
- Manage project execution
What you will need to be considered:
- BSc. or B.Eng. or B.Tech. Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Have a minimum average of 60% in your final year
- Able to work in Cape Town
- Ability to travel between sites: Woodstock, Paarden Eiland, Gansbaai
- Car and driver’s license will be advantageous
- Be a South African Citizen
- Leadership potential
- Analytical and innovative mind-set
- Team player with a passion for achieving
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is open to all the unique learning opportunities we offer
What makes you exceptional?
- You apply your practical skills and logic when solving problems
- You can apply technology to quantify problems and interpret data in a rational and objective manner
- You are an Analytical Thinker that is focused on finding solutions to problems, effectively gathering and analysing information by asking probing questions, and thinking things through
- You can build and strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships with others
- You are reliable and complete your work in accordance with deadlines
- You focus on consistently delivering high-quality work by being meticulous and continually checking the detail of your work
- You follow policies and procedures in order to manage and mitigate risk
- You focus on continuously improving things and identifying the core issues to a problem
How to Apply
CLICK HERE for more opportunities brought forth you by STUF News
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.