AVI Limited: Food Technology Graduate Internship 2021 opportunity has become available in Western Cape for unemployment graduates in possession of the below qualifications. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Company: AVI Limited
Division: AVI Graduate Programme
Date Listed: 02 July 2021
Job Title: Graduate Food Technologist
Contract Term: 24 months
Minimum Experience: Entry Level
Company Primary Industry: Fishery
Job Functional Area: Other
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
AVI LIMITED is known for its leading household brands across many categories including hot beverages, sweet, and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
A love for the sea and passion for fishing are the driving forces behind I&J, a leading fishing company, and manufacturer of high-quality chilled and frozen foods. Almost 110 years old, I&J is the trusted name in seafood, operating a modern and efficient trawler fleet, and continually investing in the training and development of experienced fishing crews, committed to fishing responsibly, with a long-term vision. I&J has achieved and maintained accreditation from the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) since 2004.
I&J is a globally respected supplier of high-quality, chilled and frozen Cape Hake and a leading producer of farmed Cape Abalone. It is also one of AVI’s great South African brands. I&J is proudly South African and invests in, and empowers, the communities in which it operates.
We are looking for, you, a FOOD TECHNOLOGY GRADUATE who would like to join a company that employs real people to do exceptional things. Are you ready?
Why our Graduates choose I&J
- Real exposure and practical learning in actual working environments
- Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to genuine business issues
- Constant mentorship, guidance, and support
- Offered meaningful work and opportunities to contribute
- Held accountable for quality and delivery
What you will be doing:
- Assist Product Development Technologist with Concept / Kitchen Samples as well as Factory Trials and First Production
- Assist with Cooking up of samples for Product evaluations
- Assist with shelf life studies (Real-Time, On-going, Accelerated)
- Administration with regards to new product development (product and packaging)
- Assist Packaging Development with packaging trials
- Assist both Packaging & Product Development Technologist with required tests related to New Product Launches
What you will need to be considered:
- BSc Food Science
- BTech Food Technology
- Have a minimum average of 60% in your final year
- Able to work in Cape Town
- Willingness to work in a factory environment
- Vehicle and driver’s license will be advantageous
- Be a South African Citizen
- Innovative and analytical mind-set
- Team player with a passion for achieving
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is open to all the unique learning opportunities we offer
What makes you exceptional?
- You apply your practical skills and logic when solving problems
- You can build and strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships with others
- You are reliable and complete your work in accordance with deadlines
- You focus on consistently delivering high-quality work by being meticulous and continually checking the detail of your work
- You follow policies and procedures in order to manage and mitigate risk
- You cope well with pressure by remaining calm and composed before and during important or stressful events
- You are focused on maintaining my productivity, working quickly and comfortable to multitask when needed
- You are energetic and take initiative to get things started and make things happen
How to Apply
CLICK HERE for more opportunities brought forth you by STUF News
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.