Wood PLC: Graduate Control and Instrumentation Engineer
Wood PLC: Graduate Control and Instrumentation Engineer opportunity has become available in Gauteng for experienced applicants in possession of the below qualifications. If interested, see the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Wood South Africa invites applicants to apply for a Contract / Temporary Position.
Company: Wood South Africa
Job Type: Contract
Location: Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa
Closing Date: Not Specified
Wood is currently recruiting for Graduate Control & Instrumentation Engineers for the Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
- Technical Design Ability – Under supervision completes technical design work using company and Client
design methods, standards and data in line with Project requirements. Provision of support to electrical
- Technical Expertise – Possesses proficient levels of technical expertise required to fulfil the function,
however continuously work towards improving and updating technical abilities. Will personally seek out
opportunities to develop technical knowledge base.
- Continuous Improvement – Works through training objectives and continuous improvement schedule via
in house and external training opportunities. Working towards professional registration.
- Analytical Thinking – Identifies and analyses problems within their remit and can utilise analytical tools to
decompose problems into component parts. Is attentive to detail and can follow existing guidelines to
resolve issues. Understands limitations and problems of analysis within their remit.
- Organisational and Industry Awareness – Develops an understanding of the wider business goals and
will allow this to guide input and decision making. Understands and complies with the rules and
regulations applicable to their role.
- Commercial Awareness and Customer Focus – Understands general market conditions and the drivers
behind projects. Understands the market in which the company operates and can articulate WOOD’s
skills and methodologies to support client needs. Understands the importance of customers to the
organisation. Takes pride in delivering a high-quality service.
- To understand the level of detail of each stage of a project life cycle
- Assist in preparation of engineering deliverables such as (but not limited to) control philosophies, functional specifications, basis of design, etc. under the guidance of the Lead C&I Engineer.
- Assist in preparation of material and contract requisitions including preparation of indirect and direct Bills of Quantities under the guidance of the Lead C&I Engineer.
- Preparation of the requisition index for instrument work, indicating planned issue date for each requisition.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of national and international standards including client specific standards for application to engineering.
- Gain an in depth understanding and give input into the development of P&ID’s and PFDs to ensure all C&I requirements are identified and implemented.
- Develop design engineering drawings and assist the designers with engineering technical detail on drawings under the guidance of the Lead Engineer and C&I Designer.
- Give input into instrumentation drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard.
- Prepare technical bid analysis for instrumentation for review by the Lead C&I Engineer
- Attendance of P&ID, Hazop, Design and SIL Reviews under the supervision of the Lead C&I Engineer
- Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with suppliers and systems integrators as required by the Lead C&I Engineer.
- Preparation of project related standards and technical specifications
- Develop and prepare contract requisitions forControl Systems/ Safety Systems and engineeringservices
- Develop and prepare Control and Safety System Designs
- Develop design datasheets and requisitions for instrumentation. This includes instrumentation size and protection methodology calculations and verification checks.
- Review and approve supplier documentation for instrumentation, control systems and related infrastructure to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Give guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on Instrumentation engineering matters. Review instrumentation aspects of OEM package unit supplier’s drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment.
- Attend C&I Equipment FAT & SAT’s with the guidance the Lead C&I Engineer.
- Follow up instrumentation construction work on project sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation. Resolve any Instrumentation problems arising during commissioning.
- Perform C&I infrastructure site assessments.
- Keep abreast of development in the instrumentation engineering field and aim for professional engineer or technologist registration.
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Lead C&I Engineer.
- BSc, BEng (Electronics/Chemical) / BTech (Process Instrumentation)
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Problem Solving – Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Change and Adaptability – Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders.
- Readily adapts to changing circumstances
- Interpersonal Communications – Actively listens and seeks to understand others’ points of view.
- Communicates openly and honestly to all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly and persuasively
- Planning, Organizing & Execution Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently and strives to ensure that agreed schedule undertakings are met.
- A willingness to treat all people with respect, integrity, and consistency.
- High levels of initiative and “get up and go” to manage own workflow to meet objectives.
- A capacity for persistence and resilience and patience in a sometimes-challenging environment.
- An appreciation of the value of teamwork and willingness to work as part of a team, providing support for other team members as required.
- Ethical behaviour
How to Apply for Wood PLC: Graduate Control and Instrumentation Engineer
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / traineeship / learnership / apprenticeship opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.