Wood: Electrical Engineer (Contract)
Wood: Electrical Engineer (Contract) has become available in Gauteng for experienced applicants in possession of the below qualifications. If interested, see the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Wood South Africa invites applicants to apply for a Contract / Temporary Position.
Company: Wood South Africa
Job Type: Contract
Location: Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa
Closing Date: Not Specified
Wood is currently recruiting for a Electrical Engineer for the Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
- Design & specify electrical equipment within national and international standards.
- Ensure fit for purpose electrical equipment.
- Comply with safety standards.
- Working within an assigned project, ensure that the electrical design for the process plant is completed in a timely and cost – effective manner, indicating the power users, main power supply, equipment layout, substation design and cable sizing.
- Be responsible for fault level calculations, volt drop calculations, lighting level calculations, transformer sizing for a project.
- Remain abreast of the latest technological developments in industrial electrical engineering
- Working with the respective project team and the Project Services Department, review the tenders/quotes obtained from suppliers and participate in the selection process for the most suitable supplier(s).
- Work closely with the Project Services Department to ensure that the order is followed up for quality, correct technical specifications and timely delivery to site.
- Work closely with the Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor on site to follow and ensure electrical progress on the respective site.
- Oversee the hot and cold commissioning on the respective project site.
- Ability to travel locally and/or internationally, as required.
- Ability to work and live in hardship locations, as required, when visiting project sites.
- BSc Electrical Engineering degree or a BTech or Diploma in Electrical engineering.
- ECSA registration as Professional Engineer or Professional Technologist Engineer (or working towards registration).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience in a project engineering environment, preferably within the resources/minerals processing industry in Africa.
- Professional registration with the ECSA, preferable, but not essential.
- Be competent in fault level, volt drop, transformer sizing and lux level calculations
- Be familiar with Intelligent motor starters
- Understanding of cost and financial implications of technical decisions made, as these relate to a project.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad
- Advanced computer literacy skills in MS Office.
- Experience in managing relationships with clients, contractors and service providers.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate in a clear manner and express own ideas with confidence.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to engage with multiple stakeholders and people at all organisational levels.
- Clear logical thinker, with the ability to make good decisions under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and keep in balance multiple priorities/demands.
- Good attention to detail and ability to facilitate appropriate information sharing amongst project stakeholders.
- Ability to think outside the box to find the best solutions to problems.
- Good level of self-awareness, emotional maturity and resilience.networking ability
How to Apply for Wood: Electrical Engineer (Contract)
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / traineeship / learnership / apprenticeship opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.