Junior Mechanical Engineer
Junior Mechanical Engineer opportunity has become available in KwaZulu-Natal. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Wesant Manufacturing invites unemployed graduates to apply for a New Mechanical Engineering Position.
Company: Wesant Manufacturing
Date Listed: 13 December 2021
Job Title: Junior Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Graduate Internship / Full-Time
Location: Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Closing Date: 31 January 2022
We are hiring another young mechanical engineer on our team to free up our current engineers. Additionally, the new engineer will be expected to drive and manage one of the existing but newly initiated income streams.
The role involves the following:
- Design of components and larger assemblies related to the elevator side of the business e.g. modifications for existing lifts, new components and assemblies for our own lifts, custom lifts to suit unique customer requirements etc. The complexity of this design work will increase with experience.
- Produce drawings for customers, architects, civil engineers, consultants and others for new lift installations. A solid grasp of our lift regulations, manufacturing strengths and weaknesses, and the engineering behind our products will be required to execute effectively on this responsibility.
- Identify and streamline key tasks within our administration, manufacturing, quotation, drawing, and installation processes. This will almost certainly include some programming within Inventor, and will require a solid grasp of the details and requirements of those processes.
- “Process” standard hoists, dumb waiters, and platform lifts – essentially provide the factory with all the information they need to manufacture the product. Initially, these units will be relatively simple, with complexity increasing after sufficient experience. Streamlining this aspect of the role is critical.
- Nest the sheet metal for the standard units mentioned above using Cypcut, and investigate streamlining the nesting process through alternative programs, perhaps within Inventor’s own nesting software. Currently, nesting is inefficient. The new engineer will be expected to overhaul the nesting process, or alternatively free up another engineer so they can overhaul it.
- Come up with ideas for new Takealot/Wesant Lifestyle products (ideally), alternatively use the ideas that others in the company have come up with. Investigate the feasibility of the different ideas (in terms of expected margin, competition, time requirements, capacity in the required production departments, factory capability etc), design the products, and manage this income stream in its entirety. This includes analyzing the data from Takealot, improving our current stock management system, improving our production process for these products, prototyping the product ideas, and driving this income stream forward.
Experience required: None (Graduate)
Qualification required: B.Eng (Mechanical) / BSc (Mechanical Engineering)
How to Apply for Junior Mechanical Engineer
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.