General Engineering Superintendent (G.E.S)
General Engineering Superintendent (G.E.S) position has become available in North West. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Minopex invites applicants to apply for General Engineering Superintendent (G.E.S) position.
Date Listed: 14 December 2021
Division: Ensersa (Pty) Ltd
Job Type: Permanent
Company Primary Industry:
Job Functional Area: Mining
Location: Rustenburg, North West,South Africa
Closing Date: 21 December 2021
This position will be based at Ensersa in Kroondal, Rustenburg.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate steel fabrication, HDPE manufacturing and maintenance for an engineering stream according to operational requirements and equipment / assets technical specifications and standards.
- Valid Section 13 / Section 26 (D) Trade Test Certificate required Electrical or Mechanical
- Valid driver’s licence code B, EB or C1
- Own transport to attend to call outs
- Foreman experience
- Engineering Specialist qualification or Equivalent will be an advantage
Experience and Skills Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Engineering Supervisor in the mineral processing industry, if not in a current G.E.S or Engineering Specialist position
- English language proficiency
- Time management skills
- Employee Relations skills
- Supervisory skills
- Finance for non-financial managers skills
- Computer literate and highly competent in using MS Office Suite
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set engineering targets according to business requirements
- Integrate and co-ordinate engineering and technical maintenance plans with clients
- Deploy engineering teams to ensure repair and maintenance to maximize engineering running hours
- Investigate and diagnose problems and breakdowns to determine resource requirements and order spares according to Company procedures
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act regulations and analyse breakdowns
- Over-inspect subordinates in their daily activities to ensure that maintenance is done according to organisational standards and requirements
- Continuously analyze equipment efficiencies to recommend or implement improvements and changes to maximize running hours
- Continuously analyze labour utilizations and workshop efficiencies and recommend or implement improvements and changes to maximize running hours
- Communicate equipment and business information and changes to internal and external stakeholders to minimize production delays and increase business opportunities
- Determine work schedules in conjunction with other engineering / business teams to ensure availability and optimal utilization of equipment and labour to the relevant sections and consult with production teams on maintenance activities that affect production
- Ensure availability during standby duties according to schedule
- Perform administrative duties to ensure record accuracy and availability, budget compliance and spares availability
- Comply with established communication channels and enhance when required
How to Apply for General Engineering Superintendent (G.E.S)
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.