Engineering Manager Production – Female Engineering Fast-Tracking Programme
Engineering Manager Production – Female Engineering Fast-Tracking Programme position has become available in North West. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Anglo American Platinum Mine invites qualifying applicants to apply for Engineering Manager Production – Female Engineering Fast-Tracking Programme position.
Company: Anglo American Platinum
Date Listed: 21 December 2021
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Closing Date: 29 December 2022
Do you consider the evolution of your career one of the reasons you wake up every morning? Well then, we have the perfect opportunity for YOU!!!
Join us as an Engineering Manager Production, this forms part of our Female Engineering Fast-Tracking Programme. Your core responsibility in this development role will be to provide overall management and accountability of engineering and asset management across a complex comprising multiple facilities but typically limited to a particular process in the value stream across all Smelting operating assets.
Looking for adventure and an exciting future?
At Anglo American, we believe in extraordinary outcomes. That means we are always searching for new and better ways to do things, forging a new course in our industry towards greater efficiency, zero harm, and enhanced sustainability.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”.
Anglo Platinum Limited
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
- Provides visible felt leadership in safety, sustainable development, and Anglo American values.
- Contributes to the development of strategic operational plans and strategies.
- Develops, implements, and monitors engineering maintenance, risk, and operational strategies and plans.
- Provides and oversees engineering services, infrastructure (roads, power, water), and equipment availability are adequate and maintained to meet operational goals.
- Leads and manages resources to deliver production targets and projects as required.
- Ensures compliance with all legal, environmental, occupational health and safety, and risk management standards and best practices.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Manages implements and contributes to continuous improvement and asset optimisation initiatives and projects for engineering processes.
This role forms part of the Engineering function of Group Smelting at a Band 5 level reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager Operations for Group Smelting with multiple reports
- Completed BTech/BSc/BEng in Electrical, Mechanical or Power Engineering.
- Completed Government Certificate of Competency (GCC), preferably Factories.
- Completed or in the process of completing a commercial postgraduate qualification would be advantageous.
- At least 10 years post GCC experience with at least 7 years in a pyrometallurgical/smelting/furnace environment.
- Proven ability in large Capex project management.
- Proven ability in minimising Operational and Business Risk.
- Proven ability in protecting and managing capital assets.
- Experience in SAP: Planned Maintenance.
- Strategic Vision 2-5 years.
- Valid certificate of Fitness.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Valid South African Drivers License.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to Apply for Engineering Manager Production – Female Engineering Fast-Tracking Programme
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.