Vodacom: Bursaries 2023 / 2024
Vodacom: Bursaries 2023 / 2024 has become available for financially needy South African students pursuing any of the following qualifications. If interested, see the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Vodacom invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 / 2024 academic year.
Job Type: Bursary
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 31 August 2023
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate studies within STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics). (Postgraduate students may also be funded at Vodacom’s discretion.)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses;-
- registration fees,
- tuition fees,
- textbook allowance,
- meal allowance and
- accommodation in university residence or capped allowance for private accommodation.
Bursary recipients will also receive a laptop and cellphone, as well as the following benefits: orientation workshop for all new bursary students, workplace exposure via the structured Vacation Work programme, work readiness skill training for final year students to gain skills to enter the working world and full access to Wellness Programme (ICAS) services.
Bursaries will be awarded for the entire duration of the degree qualification – subject to recipients maintaining satisfactory academic results, and submitting proof of academic results each year.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by no later than 15 December 2023.
After the final selection is made, recipients will need to enter into a contractual agreement with Vodacom. Should selected students may not to accept the bursary offer, they must notify Vodacom within 48 hours.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen by birth
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the fields of study listed above (postgraduate funding may be offered at Vodacom’s discretion)
- You must be entering the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of full-time study
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must achieve an exemption pass in Matric and a minimum result of 70% for all subjects
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% at tertiary level, if in 1st year
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT have a criminal record
How to Apply for Vodacom: Bursaries 2023 / 2024
Students must follow these steps to apply:
Step 1: Register an account on the Vodacom Bursary Platform
(You will need to provide your ID number, email address, contact number, password, and your course of study)
Step 2: Await a verification email with a link
Step 3: Use the verification link to Login to your account, using your email address and password
Step 4: Fill in the online application form, which includes: personal details, contact details, education history, leadership positions, current obligations
Step 5: Upload your supporting documents as listed below
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 results and Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Fee statement, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance into a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of any other bursary awards currently held
- A completed Parental Consent Form (for applicants under 18 years old)
After submitting an application, all candidates will receive a confirmation email from Vodacom. The Bursary Management team will carefully assess each application and provide feedback every step of the way!
Applicants can also view the status of their application via the bursary application website.
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.
If your document size is more than 5MB, visit one of the sites listed below to upload and shrink your documents;