South African Road Federation (SARF): Bursaries 2022 Opportunity
South African Road Federation (SARF): Bursaries 2022 opportunity has become available in South Africa. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
SARF invites qualifying female students to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Company: South African Road Federation (SARF)
Date Listed: 19 August 2021
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 31 August 2021
The South African Road Federation offers bursaries to South Africans wishing to undertake further education or training in disciplines applicable to the road transport industry.
About the Company
Founded in 1950, the South African Road Federation (SARF) is an organisation that provides a meeting point for people across South Africa to share their interest in the local road industry and the administration of roads across the country.
The South African Road Federation (SARF) is an organisation dedicated to the promotion of the road industry in South Africa by dissemination of information, the promotion of sound policies and by education and training. With a primary focus on encouraging the continued development of effective and efficient road systems in South Africa, SARF strives for economic growth in the sector through education and training.
The Federation provides contact between South Africa`s road industry sectors and facilitates the distribution of expertise throughout the diverse disciplines, which have impact and application on the industry.
The Federation is a member of the International Road Federation Global. By liaison with this organisation`s Programme Centre in Washington, the latest developments in road technology, policy and management worldwide are made available to local industry.
In this way, sound policies are promoted by SARF in every aspect of road transport infrastructure and management from geometric design to Road Safety Audits.
The following categories of study will be considered:
1. ROAD ENGINEERING
- Traffic engineering
- Transportation planning
- Pavement engineering
- Bridge engineering
- Materials Construction management
2. ROAD TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT
3. ROAD TRANSPORT ECONOMICS
4. ROAD TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
- Traffic policing
- Accident investigation
- Personnel management (Organisation and Training)
- Financial management
How to Apply for South African Road Federation (SARF): Bursaries 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Bursaries are awarded for study at an approved South African University or the University of Technology.
- Study at an advanced level is preferred, i.e. M.Sc., M. Tech. or above. However, applications at the undergraduate level may be considered in special circumstances.
- Full-time study will be given preference but applicants considering part-time study or distance learning will also be considered.
- All applications must be endorsed by the appropriate academic authority at the establishment where the applicant proposes to study.
- The value of the bursary will depend on upon the needs of the applicant and the decision of the Council of the Federation. However, it is intended to supplement the student`s other finances and will not be sufficient to cover all expenses. It will be paid directly to the academic institution concerned on the bursar`s behalf.
- Applicants must satisfy Council to an extent, which is reasonable that they will be working within the ambiance of the South African road transport industry on completion of their studies.
- Everything being equal, preference will be given to employees of members of the South African Road Federation.
- South African residents will be given preference but individuals from SADC countries are invited to apply. They should do so through their respective Road Federation or the International Road Federation (Geneva or Washington office).
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.