South African National Parks (SANParks): Bursaries 2024
South African National Parks (SANParks): Bursaries 2024 has become available for financially needy South African students pursuing any of the following qualifications. If interested, see the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
South African National Parks invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2024 academic year.
Company: South African National Parks (SANParks)
Job Type: Bursary
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 17 August 2023
South African National Parks (SANParks) is looking for aspiring youth entering their first year of undergraduate studies in the 2024 academic year to join our external bursary programme.
What SANParks does
South African National Parks (SANParks) was established in terms of the National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act, 2003 (Act No 57 of 2003). The primary mandate of SANParks is to oversee the conservation of South Africa’s biodiversity, landscapes, and associated heritage assets through a system of national parks. It also must ensure that South Africans participate and get involved in biodiversity initiatives and that all its operations have a synergistic existence with neighbouring communities for their educational and socioeconomic benefit.
One of the strategic directions of SANParks is growing community support, providing access, benefit-sharing and benefiting local communities, thus the call for applications for the bursary opportunity. This bursary scheme is intended to benefit children residing in communities neighbouring or adjacent to of the National Parks and will be implemented by the SANParks – from the 2024 academic year.
The Field of study applied for but not limited to, include Degree & National Diploma in the field of;-
- Environmental Sciences including Nature Conservation, Environmental Management, and Game Ranch Management
- Tourism Studies/Hospitality Management
- Community Development and Development Studies
- Social Sciences
- Youth Development
This Is A Comprehensive Bursary
Academic merit will be considered during the selection process, as well as the imperative to increase the participation of women, people living with disability and designated groups.
- Recipients of the SANParks bursary Scheme must be South African citizens.
- They must be learners from communities living adjacent to National Parks as defined in their management plans.
- Proof of application and admission to an accredited institution of Higher Education eligibility for funding.
- Must be entering post-matric study in 2024.
- The bursary is open to students who are pursuing a qualification in a TVET college.
- Must be youth, aged 18 – 35
- For students currently registered at an Institution of Higher Education, they must have a 100% pass rate to be considered (passed all the courses for which you have registered at the university for the study period already completed).
Your Application Must Be Accompanied By The Following Documents:
- Motivation letter indicating the reasons for the required bursary as well as the field of study you are applying for
- A Comprehensive updated CV
- A copy of your certified identity document
- A copy of your certified latest academic record;
- Acceptance letter from the registered/accredited public institution of Higher Education (University, TVET, College, University of Technology)
- Proof of residential address
- If receiving a social grant, please attach an affidavit indicating that the income is less than the threshold
NB: Failure to attach these documents will result in your application being null and void.
Please note that applications must be for full-time studies towards an academic diploma/degree at an accredited public South African College/University of Technology/University.
How to Apply for South African National Parks (SANParks): Bursaries 2024
Email: [email protected]
Opening Date: 17 July 2023
Closing Date: 17 August 2023
If you have not been contacted by 30 January 2024, consider your application unsuccessful.
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.
If your document size is more than 5MB, visit one of the sites listed below to upload and shrink your documents;