Master Builders Association Western Cape (MBAWC): Bursaries 2023
Master Builders Association Western Cape (MBAWC): Bursaries 2023 has become available for financially needy South African students pursuing any of the following qualifications. If interested, see the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
The Master Builders Association Western Cape invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Company: Master Builders Association Western Cape (MBAWC)
Job Type: Bursary
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 20 January 2023
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the Built Environment sector, specifically these fields:
University Degree studies:
- Civil Engineering (BSc)
- Construction Studies (BSc)
- Construction Management (BSc (Hons))
- Quantity Surveying (BSc (Hons))
- Project Management (MSc)
- Masters studies (subject to motivated application)
- other field
University of Technology National Diploma (Non-NSFAS focus) studies:
- Construction (Extended) (Diploma)
- Construction (Diploma)
- Construction (Advanced Diploma)
- Construction Health & Safety (Advanced Diploma)
- Quantity Surveying (Advanced Diploma)
- Master of Construction
- other field
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year of study, and is renewable based on satisfactory academic performance.
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees only, to be paid in 2 installments to the tertiary institution. The first installement will be paid after funding has been approved, while the second installment will be paid subject to mid-year performance review.
Successful candidates will be notified by no later than 13 February 2023 – candidates must then accept or decline the offer within 3 working days.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric at a school within the MBA Western Cape area of jurisdiction
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the Built Environment qualifications listed above, in 2023
- You must be entering your 1st year or higher year of study in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution within the Western Cape province
- You must NOT qualify for NSFAS funding (your parents or guardians household income must exceed the NSFAS requirement – between R350 000 and R700 000 per annum)
- You must NOT qualify for any other bursary fund or support from a SETA/ CETA
- Preference will be given to employees of MBAWC member companies or their family members
- Preference will be given to applicants employed by a member company compliant with the BIBC benefit system for at least 24 months uninterrupted
How to Apply for Master Builders Association Western Cape (MBAWC): Bursaries 2023
Download and complete the MBAWC Bursary Application Form
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Photograph to be attached to the application form (recent, passport sized)
- ID document (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record/ results (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application (see futher details on the application form)
- Affidavit confirming that your parents or guardians income exceeds the cap for NSFAS funding (see futher details on the application form)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1. Email: [email protected]
(Insert the words “MBAWC Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).
2. Hand delivery:
The MBAWC Office
(Att: Benjamin Zantsi)
3. Post/ delivery:
The Training & Development Officer
MBA Development Trust
PO Box 382
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.
If your document size is more than 5MB, visit one of the sites listed below to upload and shrink your documents;