Margaret McNamara Education Grants (MMEG): Bursaries 2023 / 2024
Margaret McNamara Education Grants (MMEG): Bursaries 2023 / 2924 has become available for financially needy South African students pursuing any of the following qualifications. If interested, see the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Margaret McNamara Education Grants invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 / 2024 academic year.
Company: Margaret McNamara Education Grants (MMEG)
Job Type: Bursary
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 15 September 2023
The award covers ALL fields of study, towards a Certificate, Undergraduate, Graduate or Post Doctorate qualification, at selected Universities. (female students from other countries may also apply if their country is on the MMEG Country Eligibility List).
The goal of the MMEG grant is to help women from developing countries, in order that they may further their studies and thereby improve the lives of women and children in these countries. MMEG is one of the few organizations that provides financial assistance and bursaries, specifically to women.
MMEG provides a grant of up to US$7 000, however grants may vary depending on the availability of funds and exchange rates. The grant funds will be awarded in February 2024.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a telephonic interview within 2 to 3 months after the application deadline. Results will be announced in mid December 2023, on the MMEG website.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African national (nationals from the following countries may also apply: MMEG Country Eligibility List)
- You must have a study permit for South Africa, if applying from an eligible country other than South Africa
- You must identify as a woman/ female
- You must be 25 years old or older at the time of the application deadline
- You must officially enrolled to study towards a Certificate, Undergraduate qualification, Graduate qualification or Post Doctorate studies
- You must be registered for in-person studies, at one of the following accredited Universities in South Africa: Cape Peninsula of Technology, Central University of Technology, Durban University of Technology, Mangosuthu University of Technology, Fort Hare University, Limpopo University, Nelson Mandela University, North-West University, Rhodes University, Sefako Makgatho Health Science University, Sol Plaatje University, Stellenbosch University, Tshwane University, University of Cape Town, University of Johannesburg, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Mpumalanga, University of Pretoria, University of the Free State, University of the Western Cape, University of the Witwatersrand, University of Venda, University of Zululand, Vaal University of Technology, Walter Sisulu University
- You must be enrolled full time or part time (with at least 2 courses per semester or term)
- You must aim to be fully enrolled for a complete academic term after receiving the bursary
- You must be enrolled for at least 1 more academic term (from January to July 2024)
- You must plan to graduate not more than 3 years after receiving the bursary
- You must NOT be related to any International Monetary Fund, World Bank Group, or Inter-American Development Bank staff member, spouse, retiree, or MMEG Board member
How to Apply for Margaret McNamara Education Grants (MMEG): Bursaries 2023 / 2024
Please select “South Africa program” in the first question of the application
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified)
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.
If your document size is more than 5MB, visit one of the sites listed below to upload and shrink your documents;