South Deep: Engineering Apprenticeships 2022
South Deep: Engineering Apprenticeships 2022 has become available in Gauteng for suitably qualified applicants. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
Gold Fields South Deep Gold Mine invites applicants to apply for a 36-month Apprenticeship Programme 2022 / 2023.
Company: Gold Fields South Deep Gold Mine
Date Listed: 10 July 2022
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Location: Westonaria, Gauteng, South Africa
Closing Date: 13 July 2022
South Deep Gold Mine invites applications from suitably qualified and dynamic youth interested in pursuing a career in the Engineering field. The South Deep Engineering Learnership Programme is a 36-month structured technical and practical learnership programme designed to produce the next generation of artisans. The programme is a combination of engineering skills training at an accredited Training Centre and on-the-job, site-based training. South Deep continues to invest in acquiring, developing and adapting industry leading technologies to deliver optimal people, process and system interfaces to drive sustainable safe, efficient and effective production outcomes.
The Programme is orientated on developing entry-level technical proficiency covering basic to intermediate safety-focussed operational delivery cycles. This includes mandatory practical rotation through various engineering sub-discipline activities such as TM3 (Trackless Mobile Machinery), Fixed Plants, Refurbishment and Rebuild, Logistics, Tramming and Shafts and Infrastructure. Learners will be given exposure to principles of planned maintenance, reliability engineering and condition monitoring of machines and equipment.
The Engineering Learnership Programme equips candidates with core capabilities upon which to launch an exciting career at South Deep should such opportunity present or, to pursue a career elsewhere within the industry.
- Appropriate N3 technical qualification (Trade specific) with Engineering Maths, Science, Technical Drawing/ Industrial Electronics and Trade Theory)
- Fluent in English (Spoken, Written & Reading Proficiency)
- Developed inter-personal and collaborative skills
- Intermediate Problem-Solving Capability
- Willing to work at depth in an underground operation
- Elementary Computer Literacy
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre and pass a Heat Tolerance Screening test, and such other tests as may be required to assess the applicant’s suitability for employment
- Must have proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or be fully vaccinated by the date of the commencement of employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commit and adhere to the South Deep Engineering Learnership Programme according to prescribed MQA/ QCTO guidelines
- Apply and maintain diligence in adhering to training programmes, assessments and practical activities
- Assume ownership and accountability for maintaining prescribed learnership pace and initiate performance feedback and developmental discussions
- Promote teamwork, engage in collaborative learning and coaching exercises
- Abide by all health and safety rules / regulations applicable on the mine
- Wear all the prescribed personal protective equipment (PPE) while on mine/ at the training centre
- Adhere to the company`s conditions of employment, policies and code of conduct
- Uphold Company Values at all times (both at work and after hours)
How to Apply for South Deep: Engineering Apprenticeships 2022
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership / traineeship / in-service training / bursary opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.