Home » News » Apprenticeships »
AECI: Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeships 2023 / 2024
AECI: Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeships 2023 / 2024 has become available in KwaZulu-Natal for unemployed South African youth. If interested, kindly check the below requirements. STREAK OF LUCK!
AECI Property Services invites applicants to apply for Apprenticeship Programme 2023 / 2024.
Company: AECI Property Services
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Location: Umbogintwini, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Closing Date: 26 May 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire knowledge and skills of Artisan in your designated trade. (Mechanical Fitter Apprentice).
- Participate in the formal training plan for the apprenticeship; make reasonable progress to achieve the competencies in this regard; attend the necessary training or assessments related hereto.
- Perform duties required and make reasonable progress to achieve the competencies in the training plan.
- As instructed, undertake and attend any training or assessment related to the training plan. (Shukela Training Centre) 60 days training block each year.
- Keep the training record (logbook) in possession, and produce it to the employer and/or training organisation, when requested. (Apprentice and Fitter Mentor).
- Acknowledge that all workplace instructions and other material that comes into the apprentice’s possession, as a result of training, remains the property of employer.
- Maintain, repair and carry out Scheduled Maintenance to plant equipment, such as pumps, Centrifuges, steam traps and Steam reticulation equipment under guidance of qualified Artisans, from the Utilities Maintenance Department.
- Work effectively with others to successfully complete maintenance activities and objectives.
- Adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, work instructions, guidelines, regulations / legislation and programs & proactive action to identify and correct potential unsafe conditions and acts.
- Assist Fitter in carrying out daily routine maintenance activities in the various AECI Property Services plants, and assist with breakdowns.
- Assist with the Maintenance Fitter assigned for Standby Duty in the second year of Apprenticeship program.
- Efficient use of power tools & Hand Tools.
- Adhering to AECI safety standards and codes of practice.
- Matric / Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science.
- An N3 required to apply for Trade Test is essential. (Candidate must obtain within 12 months of starting date of employment).
- Driver’s license will be a benefit.
- Basic understanding of process plant and the importance of maintenance.
- Must be able to obtain health clearance to work in a chemical environment.
- Mechanical experience will be a benefit.
- Hand and Power tools will be a benefit.
How to Apply for AECI: Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeships 2023 / 2024
Share the opportunity and never pay for any job / internship / learnership / traineeship / in-service training / bursary opportunities whatsoever – it merely takes you to apply for employment not your money.
If your document size is more than 5MB, visit one of the sites listed below to upload and shrink your documents;